The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high quality diagnostic images and assist with the daily operational of the MRI department within the Kingsbridge Healthcare Group. The post holder will ensure that high standards of service with a patient focused approach is maintained while striving to maximise departmental efficiency on a daily basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with the other members of the MRI department to provide a high-quality service in a rapidly developing environment.
- To conduct screening safety checks with patients prior to examination, to obtain consent and ensure their suitability for imaging examinations.
- To perform all examinations to the highest quality with adherence to the departmental protocols and procedures.
- To work independently, exercise personal responsibility and maintain a strong clinical commitment and in accordance with continuing professional development requirements.
- To work as part of a team, demonstrating leadership at all times and promoting multidisciplinary team working.
- To maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of at least one clinical modality and manage faults effectively while having sufficient knowledge to work with other professionals to ensure that all services maintain this same standard.
- When required, to be flexible in providing extended working day and weekend cover in line with service demand.
- To comply with legislative and company policies and procedures.
- To actively support, through your actions, the marketing and promotion of the company.
- To show a willingness to work in other modalities, if and when the need arises, although not on a routine basis.
- To assist the MRI Lead Radiographer on a day to day basis showing accountability and leadership within MRI.
- To be up to date with current MRI guidelines set out in MHRA guidelines.
- To work in accordance with the MRI Local Rules and the Standard Operating Procedures.
- To assist in the smooth operation of an efficient Imaging service on a daily basis by effectively organising and co-ordinating tasks and resources, show initiative in being able to provide solutions to service delivery problems in unforeseen circumstances.
- To maintain accurate and concise records to provide the data necessary for the evaluation and development of the service.
- To act as a professional in treating each patient as an individual in terms of courtesy, kindness, compassion and confidentiality.
- To use relevant knowledge, clinical experience and departmental protocols to select the appropriate parameters in order to ensure effective diagnostic imaging.
- Maintain the Quality system for KMD including incidents and complaints.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional / alternative tasks may be required from time to time as directed
- BSc Radiography/DCR(R)
- Minimum of 3 year’s post qualification experience, and a minimum of 2 years MRI experience
- Post graduate qualification in MR Imaging.
- Recognised cannulation course.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Willingness to undertake training and development, when necessary.
Special Knowledge and Skills
- HCPC Registration at time of appointment
- Commitment to professional and self-development
- Strong understanding of leadership requirements and conflict resolution skills
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Reliable, courteous, and innovative
- Flexible, able, and willing to work in a changing environment
- Good IT skills
- Outstanding verbal articulation and personable approach to the public and staff
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by KMD.
To apply, please complete an application and monitoring form and return to the recruitment team.
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th February ,2022 at 4PM.